Home / Bussiness / Android Captured a Tiny 11% Share of Global Smartphone Profit in Q4 2014

Android Captured a Tiny 11% Share of Global Smartphone Profit in Q4 2014

According to the most recent research study from Strategy Analytics, international smartphone operating revenue reached USD21 billion in Q4 2014. The Android os caught a record low 11 percent worldwide smartphone revenue share throughout the quarter. On the other hand, Apple iOS took a record high 89 percent earnings share.

Linda Sui, Director at Strategy Analytics, stated,”Global smartphone operating earnings grew 31 percent each year from USD16.2 billion in Q4 2013 to USD21.2 billion in Q4 2014. Android hardware suppliers incorporated took a record-low 11 percent international smartphone earnings share, below 29 percent one year back. On the other hand, Apple iOS recorded a record-high 89 percent earnings share, up from 71 percent in Q4 2013.”Neil Mawston, Executive Director at Strategy Analytics, included,”Apple iOS remains to tighten its grip on the smartphone market.

Apple’s technique of premium items and lean logistics is showing extremely rewarding. Android’s weak success for its hardware partners will certainly stress Google. If significant smartphone makers, like Samsung or Huawei, can not make good make money from the Android environment, they might be lured in the future to take a look at alternative platforms such as Microsoft, Tizen or Firefox.”

loading...

Check Also

Canadian passenger airplane suffers injury after direct hit

Canadian passenger airplane suffers injury after direct hit

Why it issues to you Fly your drone near an airport or one other off-limits …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you Human? * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.